According to the 10/06 issue of Rasmussen Reports, 92% of business managers believe they are doing an ‘excellent’ or ‘good’ job managing their employees while just 67% of workers agree. That’s a significant gap and it highlights a potential disconnect between management and the employees that drive the engine of success.
At SBS, we believe an organization’s most valuable asset isn’t its shareholders, CEO, or partners … it’s your people.
The Japanese understood this and it’s called the Theory Z of Ouchi. It’s one of the primary reasons why Japan and other Asian businesses were the most productive throughout the entire world in the 1980s and into the 90s.
Theory Z is based on the work of Dr. W. Edwards Deming and his 14 points model. It’s that same model that American businesses dismissed while Japanese leaders embraced and it’s also one of the driving factors behind the tremendous success of those markets at that time.
Investing in Employees
What are some of the challenges your workforce faces today? High turnover? In 2013, Compensation Force found the national average to be 15.1% ... that’s 1 out of every 7 employees (voluntary and involuntary) leaving your organization.
It might appear to make fiscal sense to let certain mediocre performing employees go rather than increasing their wages to make them more competitive, but according to the Center for American Progress, it costs approximately 20% of an employee’s salary to replace them. This includes sifting through applications, conducting interviews, and training. Lower paying jobs are less costly to replace, coming in at about 16 percent of the annual salary.
What plans and programs do you have in place today that keeps the best and weeds out the costly unproductive dead wood? At SBS, we’re the experts when it comes to HR staffing assessments, staff expansions, and planned reductions.
For businesses looking to trim expenses and boost productivity, investing in the employees that they already have and finding the ideal employees makes strong fiscal sense.
Let SBS Improve Your Human Resources Department
Saving money and boosting productivity throughout any company begins with having a program in place that properly screens, qualifies, and hires the best of the best. Choosing the optimal candidates, conducting thorough research into their experience, motivations, and goals can help narrow your focus and reduce overall turnover rates.
Providing the ideal organizational structures within HR will also strengthen retention, satisfaction, and productivity.
SBS offers HR Organizational Design Services for both Hierarchical and Matrix organizational structures. There is no one-size-fits-all approach to managerial structure, but refining and developing the ideal one can boost morale, communication, productivity, and retention.
We also offer Job Recruiting services. Refining the job description, comp plan, and career path is critical in eliciting the best candidates to apply for the position. It also helps HR sort through the hundreds and potentially thousands of applications that come in for each open position.
SBS will also develop:
· Compensation Plan Development. What your employees earn can help boost retention, thus saving money in the long run for the company.
· Career Pathing. Helping employees develop a clear vision for success within the company often boosts productivity and commitment.
· Employee Counseling. When employees have someone outside the company to speak to, to vent, and to receive counseling, it can soothe concerns, fears, and much more.
· Employee Training & Development. This can be done onsite or virtually, through teleconferences, webinars, and more.
· Organizational Staffing, Reorganization, Rightsizing. Every position within the company should move the organization forward and towards its goals.
· HR/Payroll Outsourcing. Outsourcing can relieve financial stress and pressure from a company and it can include PEO (professional employer organization) and payroll, retirement, and Worker’s Compensation management.
· Worker Optimization. Boosting worker productivity, satisfaction, and focus are key elements to improving retention and overall organizational success.
Let SBS help take your HR department to a whole new level.